Visiting Orlando, Well Mark says he can help you with spots to visit in the real Orlando, ones the locals know about. He runs the Orlando website called The Daily City and it talks about events and sites in and around Orlando.
Here are some events that you should look into: – The Food Truck Bazaar, Central Florida’s original traveling community food truck event in Orlando – Orlando Improv Festival runs during the month of February every year. It features local & national comedy improv groups come together to celebrate the art of comedy improv. – AND the Orlando Dessert Festival is a unique event will bring everyone in Orlando together in the name of all that’s sweet and delicious.
Travel Tip for Orlando – Rollins College in Winter Park, Morse Museum more …
Visiting Greater Orlando? Well, Malia says Greetings and Good day to you! This is what they did on a recent trip to Orlando Florida for a travel conference. You might want to:
Visit to Winter Park- experience the cultural face of central Florida within the quaint and historic community of Winter Park—a trendy and colorful haven of specialty shops, galleries, sidewalk cafes and museums. They also visited, Rollins College with a phenomenal gentleman, President Emeritus Dr. Thaddeus Seymour will lead us on a brief tour of the magnificent Spanish Mediterranean-style buildings of Rollins College along the shores of Lake Virginia, including the Walk of Fame, Pinehurst Cottage, 9/11 Memorial and the beautiful Knowles Memorial Chapel. Founded in 1885 by New England Congregationalists, Rollins is the oldest recognized college in the state of Florida.
Malia says if you’re visiting Orlando then here are some must sees:
1. the Morse Museum of American Art, which houses the world’s most comprehensive collection of Tiffany works and glass displays as well as works by John La Farge, Daniel Chester French, John Singer Sargent and Frank Lloyd Wright, along with Arts and Crafts furniture and pottery. The museum’s new jaw-dropping 12,000-square-foot wing devoted to Laurelton Hall, Louis Comfort Tiffany’s huge estate on the North Shore of Long Island, features more than 250 art and architectural objects associated with the estate. The Morse Museum opened at its current location in 1995, and a 1999 addition houses the magnificent Byzantine-Romanesque interior of the chapel Tiffany created for the 1893 Chicago World’s Columbian Exposition.
2. The Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens. Founded in 1961, the museum is known for its collection of American representational sculpture, including more than 200 works by Czech-born American sculptor Albin Polasek (1879-1965). In 2004 Polasek was posthumously inducted into the Florida Artists Hall of Fame. The museum, his former retirement home, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of only 30 members of the National Trust’s Historic Artists’ Homes and Studios. Our tour includes a viewing of a special exhibition, Artful Strings – Four Centuries of Harp Making – showcasing 50 harps from the International Harp Museum’s collection dating from the 18th century to 21st century. Along with American and European instruments, there are examples of ancient African, Asian and Egyptian harps, vintage photos, artwork, costumes and jewelry.
Travel Tip for Orlando – Go to GatorLand, Downtown Orlando, and Winter Park
Are you traveling to Orlando on vacation? Well this Orlando resident says that she’s the author of the Girls Getaway Guide to Orlando: Leave Your Baggage at Home and she listed a few places that are often overlooked in Orlando:
1) Gatorland - In a town known for its big theme parks, Gatorland is a hidden gem and a true must visit park. From their super friendly and funny staff, to their up close and personal experiences with real alligators and crocodiles, kids of all ages will love this park that will remind you of old Florida. It’s not pricey and not over crowded. Provides for a really unique and authentic Florida experience.
2) Downtown – Where I live in Downtown is a very walkable hub of great restaurants, shopping and strolling with the beautiful Lake Eola as the downtown centerpiece. Here you will find residents and visitors enjoying the lovely downtown landscape via walks, picnics and lounging.
3) Winter Park – Located just 20 minutes north of Downtown, Winter Park is home to the gorgeous Rollins College that is the beginning of Park Avenue. Here, visitors will find boutique shopping, one-of-a-kind eateries and elaborate museums.
Travel Tip for Orlando – Save on car rentals with AutoSlash
Are you planning to rent a car in Orlando? Well Jonathan says
I want to make you aware of AutoSlash.com, a website designed to help people get the best possible deal on a rental. Most people arrive in Orlando via plane, so they need to rent a car once they get there. Orlando is actually the largest car rental market in the world, so many companies are competing for travelers business, but there are some tricks to getting a good deal.
Here’s a quick description of what AutoSlash bring to the table:
Did you ever watch a talk show where they interview some savvy shopper who cut their grocery bill down to a fraction of the cost by finding the best possible coupons? That’s what AutoSlash does for car rentals.
AutoSlash knows about all the best coupons and discount codes. After you book, we analyze your rental and figure out which ones lower your rate the most. Then we automatically apply those discounts and re-book you at the lowest rate.
That’s only half the story though. What happens if rates drop after you book? How can you be sure that a better deal won’t come along tomorrow? Well AutoSlash has you covered there as well.
AutoSlash re-prices your rental multiple times a day. If we find a better deal, we’ll automatically re-book you to lock in the savings. It’s like price protection for your rental. We also have a 90 second video http://www.autoslash.com/?playvideo=1 that describes the process which you can check out as well. We’ve built a loyal following of customers due to the super-discounted rates we’ve been able to offer. Our typical customer will experience 3 price drops per rental, and end up saving an average of 30%.
You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. The owner may be compensated when you purchase after clicking on a link. The owner may also have received the product for free. Perform due diligence before purchasing from this or any other website.