Thanks to all of my visitors from Virginia. I appreciate you, your business and referrals. Come back often. As your TRAVEL ADVOCATE I am your servant before, during and after your vacation. Home Page
Ship Transformation Project News
Virginia Residents – Subscribe to get our pre-launch Carnival Sunshine news.
FROM CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
Dear Carnival Cruisers,
We have very exciting news to share with you about our $155 million dollar makeover that will transform Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine during a 49-day dry dock in Italy. Not only will the ship re-enter service in April 2013 with all of the dining, bar and entertainment elements of our groundbreaking Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program, she’ll have several exciting new features unique to the fleet.
Among those are a new racing-themed water park featuring Carnival’s longest water slide ever, a sizzling, tropical-themed nightspot called Havana Bar, a full service Asian restaurant, and more.
Here’s a quick peek at the unique features only available on Carnival Sunshine:
- Havana Bar, which by day serves as a casual gathering spot for relaxing with friends and enjoying Cuban coffee and Cuban finger foods such as pastelitos and croquetas, while at night transforms into a Cuban-inspired courtyard with a cool Latin vibe where guests can listen to live music, enjoy classic Cuban cocktails, and dance the night away.
- WaterWorks, an all-new water park where the young – and the young at heart – can zip down five different slides and have a splash-tastic time with 40 different interactive water features. Here, guests can race to the finish on Carnival’s newest ride, Speedway Splash, with dual side-by-side 235-foot long slides with racers’ times projected on a scoreboard and special lighting effects that add to the adventure…and that’s just the beginning.
- A stunning full-service Asian restaurant that will feature delicious favorites from the Far East, enhanced by a serene décor of prayer rolls, wood-beamed ceilings and other design elements, with an open kitchen where guests can view master chefs artfully prepare a tantalizing menu.
Shake Spot, the ideal place to “chill” where guests can enjoy delicious hand-crafted milkshakes while taking a break from all the fun in the sun. Shake Spot will offer classic milkshakes and floats, as well as tropical fruit shakes and “adult shakes and floats” made with Grand Marnier, Cointreau and other liqueurs.
- JavaBlue, the place to connect, meet up and savor sweet and frothy cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as coffees made with liqueurs, along with decadent confections such as extra-large cinnamon buns, giant cupcakes and huge slices of red velvet cake.
- Pizzeria del Capitano is an expansion of our popular Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant and is perfect for guests who crave delicious, hand-stretched, artisanal-style pizza anytime of the day or night. The pizzeria will be open 24 hours a day and is free of charge.
Carnival Sunshine will also offer all of the exciting elements that make up our $500 million dollar Fun Ship 2.0 enhancement program including Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, EA Sports Bar, and the Alchemy Bar. The ship will also feature Hasbro, The Game Show, and Playlist Productions as family entertainment options.
Don’t forget to catch Carnival Sunshine in its debut on a 14-day Mediterranean voyage from Venice to Barcelona on April 12-26, 2013, followed by nine- and 12-day Mediterranean cruises either round-trip from Barcelona or sailings between Barcelona and Venice through October 20, 2013. Carnival Sunshine will then sail on a 16-day Transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to New Orleans November 1-17, 2013, positioning itself for year-round seven-day departures from the Big Easy.